Whether you are new to church and the whole Jesus thing entirely or have been a Christian for many years, we hope to provide a space where you feel home. We know walking into a church can be intimidating, so we want to give you an idea of what to expect when you join us at Cross Timbers. Here are a few ways to get acquainted with who we are, what God is doing here, and how to get involved.
We are located at 1515 W. Cedar St. in Stephenville, TX 76401. Take Lillian Street. south past Bruner’s Motors and follow the curve where Lillian becomes W. Cedar Street (aka Co. Rd. 256). Our building will be on your right.
- Bible Classes – 9am
- Worship – 10am (If you can’t attend in person, join us online via Facebook.)
- Evening Activities – 5pm (Check out our event calender to see what’s going on!)
- Bible Classes – 6:45
What to Expect
What do I Wear?
There is no dress code. Come as you are! You will find everything from casual shirts, jeans, and shorts to suits and dresses. Come in whatever is comfortable for you. It’s not about what you look like or wear, we are simply excited to have you with us.
What is worship like?
Worship is a time for us to connect with God and one another, be encouraged, and be formed into more Christ-like people. Each worship service last approximately 1 hour. During the service there will be numerous songs sung in a-cappella style, prayers, a message from scripture, and a chance to partake of the Lord’s Supper.
Have more questions about our worship? See our FAQs page.
What about my kids?
All children are welcome to join in the service. Know that we value their presence, so don’t be embarrassed or feel the need to rush out if they make a some noise; we enjoy their ways of praising God too! If you do feel the need to step out or care for your children during the service, there is a nursery with a changing table and supplies located at the back of the auditorium.
All children are welcome to stay throughout the service, but they will have a blast in the children’s lesson. During the service right before the message all children ages 2-8 will be dismissed to join one of our teachers for an interactive age-appropriate lesson. They will return to join their parents near the end of the service.
What is Cross Timbers about?
We are a loving and welcoming community of believers who are excited about Jesus and making him known. Our Slogan, “Welcome Home.” summarizes our mission. We aim to be a home for the world, a place of peace, rest, justice, and love, and to welcome all people to find their home in God. There are three words the encapsulate who we are and who we aim to be.
- Belonging – This is the good news we are called to share – each and every person has a home, a place to belong in the house of God. We strive to make each and every person feel a sense of belonging in our community.
- Being – We aim to be a home by actively caring for the needs and working for the good of our community. All we do is filtered through this goal of being a place of peace, rest, justice, and love.
- Becoming – “”Belonging is for becoming.” We seek to be a place where disciples of Jesus can be formed into Christians, where every person can become truly Christ like in all their behavior.
Learn more about Who We Are and What We Do
We want to connect with you!
If you have any questions for us or would like to talk with one of our leaders, please fill out the form below and we will get back to you.